- How do I enter?
You enter via the Online Entry system.
- When is the closing date for entries?
See details here.
- When will I know the date and time of my class(s)?
Once the closing date has passed and all the entries are in, the Section Secretaries work out the timetables. The Festival Administrator will email you sometime in February with the day and time of your class(s).
- Do I need to organise my own accompanist?
You do need to organise (and pay for) your own accompanist. You can choose anyone you feel comfortable with, but we have provided a list of professional accompanists here.
- What date should I use to calculate my age?
For the purposes of the Festival, your age is as at midnight on the 31 December prior to the Festival.
- Do I need to bring a copy of my music for the adjudicator?
For any class where the piece you play is your own choice, you do need to bring a copy of the music. For information about copyright restrictions relating to music copying, see here.
- Do I need to obtain copyright permission for a performance?
For the performance of published music, you do not need to seek permission.
Solo acted scenes do not require copyright permission, but duologue and group scenes may do. Please read the Speech & Drama Rules carefully here.
- Does it matter it my piece lasts longer than the time limit?
Failure to observe a time limit may lead to disqualification.