Inclusion and Diversity Policy
- Springboard recognises the importance and benefits of actively pursuing an environment within the festival and in all Springboard’s activities outside the festival in which inclusion and diversity are promoted. It aims to support and celebrate differences and to foster an inclusive organisational culture.
- Springboard is committed to pursuing non-discriminatory policies and practice. It seeks to eliminate all unfair discrimination on grounds of age, colour, disability, ethnic origin, marital status, nationality, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex / gender, sexual orientation or social background.
- Springboard undertakes to promote equal opportunities through the day-to-day running of the charity. It aims to ensure that equality of opportunity is considered in all activities, such as recruitment of Trustees and other volunteers, contracting freelance workers, the promotion of the festival, the writing of the syllabus, the provision of workshops, and of performance opportunities after the festival.
- Springboard seeks to ensure that demonstrable and justifiable criteria are applied to all its adjudications to ensure that they are judged against the required standard and assessed according to their performance on merit and ability.
- Springboard has a Complaints Policy (see: https://www.springboardfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Complaints-policy-1.pdf ). Should Springboard fall short of the standards set out in this Inclusion and Diversity Policy, or be perceived as having done so, stakeholders wishing to register a complaint are invited to do so under the process outlined in the Complaints Policy.
- Springboard recognises that it has a legal and moral responsibility to ensure that all freelance workers, volunteers, participants and festival-goers are treated with respect and in a fair manner. Springboard will not discriminate unfairly, either directly or indirectly, against any of the above.
- Springboard seeks to take all necessary action to ensure that its inclusion and diversity policy is effective and implemented.
- This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required. This policy review and implementation is the responsibility of the Springboard Trustees.